Manufacture Your Future
A career that pays in Southwestern Illinois.
Looking for a high salary and benefits without the cost or time required for a 4-year degree?
Explore a career in manufacturing in Southwestern Illinois, which offers the highest salary and benefits of any industry in America.
In the next five years, 1,500 high-paying jobs will be opening up in the manufacturing sector in Madison and St. Clair counties.
Landing one could put you on the fast track to the future you’ve always dreamed about.
The Opportunity of a Lifetime
If your image of manufacturing is dirty work, mediocre pay and job insecurity, think again!
- Today’s advanced manufacturing industry provides tremendous opportunities for a fast-paced career using the latest technologies in state-of-the-art facilities.
- These manufacturing jobs are high paying jobs, with average earnings in Madison and St. Clair counties topping $80K, well above the national average.
- A growing number of manufacturing jobs will be available in Southwestern Illinois in the coming years as older workers retire and new positions are created in some of the region’s growing businesses.
If you enjoy gaming, computers, building things and other hands on activities, one of them could be yours!
Do You Have what it Takes?
Many of the available high-tech manufacturing jobs can be obtained with just a high school diploma or equivalent, along with
on-the-job training. Others require various certifications that can be earned in two years or less and at far less cost than earning a four-year degree.
Strong demand for operators means opportunities abound for those with certain skills and education.
Focus your efforts on developing the following:
- High safety and environmental awareness
- Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, computer skills and mechanical reasoning
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an associated vocational program
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft applications
Associate’s Degree in Process Technology or military certifications in maintenance provide an advantage!
With these skills, jobs can be found in some of the best recognized companies in the country that are based right here in Southwestern Illinois, including Phillps66, Dynegy, U.S. Steel,, SunCoke Energy and Olin Corporation, along with growing local businesses such as The ROHO Group, Progressive Recovery Inc., Metro East Industries and others.
And those same skills can transfer across multiple industries, including information technology; transportation, distribution and logistics; robotics; healthcare, and biotechnology.
The common denominator is above average pay and opportunities for advancement.
What occupations could be in your future?
- CAD Technician
- CNC Operators
- Laser welders
- Quality assurance
- Process operations
- And many more high-tech jobs.
So how do you find out more about these careers?
To learn more, talk with your Guidance Counselor at school
For More Information Click Here
Various Locations/Ways to Apply Click Here
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to control your own destiny. Act now and manufacture a future that’s defined by a dynamic, fulfilling and rewarding career in manufacturing.