The Madison County HOMEbuyer Program assists with one of the largest obstructions to home-ownership -- the down payment and closing costs -- by providing funds for down payment and closing costs to eligible individuals to increase the home-ownership rate. Applicants may be eligible for financial assistance up to $5,000 may be available.
- Applicants household must be income eligible;
- Applicants must be first time homebuyers;
- Fund can be used to purchase new or existing one to two unit family housing, or condominimum units;
- Applicants must have a median credit score of 620;
- Applications are taken through a participating program lender. Madison County Lender List
Other HOMEbuyer Program Options- This list is currently under revision.
If you feel that your credit may disqualify you from purchasing a home at this time, Justine Petersen Housing and Reinvestment Corporation has a free credit repair program that may help you.
List of approved Housing Counseling Agencies
Madison County HOMEbuyer Program funds may be used for:
- Down payment and closing costs.
- Eligible closing costs may include, but are not limited to, appraisal fees, credit report fees, inspection fees, home buyer counseling fees, settlement and title fees, underwriting and processing fees.
|Household Size||Gross Annual Income|
Income Limits are current as of June 1, 2021
For additional information on the Madison County Development Community HOMEbuyer Program contact Karon Wolfe at or (618) 296-4385.