The Sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer for the County and serves as the acting officer of the Circuit Court, director of safety and administrator of the County Jail. The main function of this Department include:
- Investigation of all crimes of violence and fraud, to arrest suspects, and to recover stolen property and evidence.
- Provide basic police services to the unincorporated areas of the County.
- Maintain a complete record of all traffic accidents, arrests, investigations and complaints.
- Serve warrants issued at the request of the State's Attorney and all writs and summonses issued by the Circuit Court.
- Manage all prisoners confined to the County Jail and to be responsible for delivering prisoners to court for arraignments, bench or jury trials.
- Sheriff's 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- Sheriff's 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Identity Theft Affidavit (PDF)