What We Do
The operations of this office are important to every property owner in Madison County. The main responsibility of the Recorder is to record all documents transferring land in order to establish legal ownership and protect rights. The main functions of the Office include:
- Maintaining a detailed system of recording all real estate transfers and holders of deeds throughout the County.
- Keeping and preserving all records of deeds.
- Maintaining records of subdivision plats, mortgages and all types of liens against property by cities or villages and incorporation of cities and releases of same.
- Maintain records of dissolution of corporation, articles of incorporation, as well as records of veterans discharged from the military.
- U.C.C. filings and financing statements